1. By becoming a client of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group, you enter into a contract by which you:
1.1. Confirm that you are willing to participate fully in the course.
1.2 Agree to pay the relevant fees.
1.3 Agree not to plagiarise the work of others or in any way try to pass yourself off as competent by means of deception.
1.4 Agree to take full responsibility for your actions and opinions.
1.5 Confirm that you have, or are willing to secure access to, relevant materials where the course necessitates this.
2. We reserve the right to refuse clients for any reason.
3. Should a course be cancelled because of shortage of participants you will be offered a place on an alternative course or a full refund of fees paid.
4. All courses must be completed within one year of your start date unless otherwise stated.
5. Extension beyond the stated limits is at the discretion of theAdvanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group.
8. If you are under the age of 18, you confirm that you have secured the permission of a legal parent or guardian, and stated this correctly on the registration form.
APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS
10. Payment of the requisite fee is an offer by you to enter into a binding contract with us, which we are free to accept or decline at our discretion.
11. We intend to rely upon these Terms & Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the Contract between you and us. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these Terms & Conditions to be confirmed in writing.
12. We have the right to revise and amend theseTerms & Conditions from time to time. You will be subject to our Terms & Conditions (including policies and procedures) in force at the time that you enrol on a course with us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms & Conditions is required by law or governmental or regulatory authority in which case the same will apply to courses you have enrolled on or started.
13. If you do not provide us with the requisite information, or you provide us with incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information or instructions, we may make an additional administration charge of a reasonable sum to cover any extra work that is required or choose to cancel this contract.
APPLICATION, ENROLMENT AND PAYMENT
14. Booking implies a commitment to pay the published fees, subject to your eligibility for the course booked.
15. Deposits, where payable are non-refundable.
16. If your course requires you to have a particular qualification, you must confirm that you hold that qualification when enrolling.
17. The balance of course fees (i.e. the total fee(s) less any deposit previously paid) is due no later than 30 days before the course starts or immediately if the course is due to start less than 30 days after booking.
18. All course bookings are subject to availability.
19. Failure to show up on the mentorship calls, will not constitute grounds for a refund.
21. If you are unavailable when course materials are delivered to the address provided by you and they are not collected from the local shipping company, an additional distribution fee may be charged if we are required to take receipt of, collect and/or redeliver the materials.
22. Our stated course fees include any delivery charges we incur to send course materials to a US mainland address other than as stated in these Terms & Conditions. Please note if your course materials have to be delivered to a non US address, you accept liability for the delivery charge we will incur.
23. Clients are liable for any bank charges incurred in payment of fees.
24. Payments shall be made by credit card or Paypal.
27. We reserve the right to change payment of the enrolment fees without notice. This will not affect those who have already booked on the course at an agreed rate.
28. Students not paid 30 days before the course shall lose their priority position and may be dropped from the course at our discretion.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY YOU
Cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations within 7 days of booking
29. If you are a customer and make a booking via our website or by telephone, you may cancel your registration within 7 working days, starting from the day the booking is made, unless you are within 7 working days of the start date of the course. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays are not included in this period. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to enrol on a course, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
30. If you exercise your right to cancel the course, you will receive a full refund of the price you paid when booking. Any applicable delivery charges for course materials will be deducted from the refund. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation.
31. If your course is due to start within 7 (seven) working days of when a booking is made, your right to cancel will not apply.
32. If, after the 7 day period referred to above has elapsed, but your course has not started, you decide to cancel, you will be liable for any charges incurred on your behalf (e.g. shipping, books, materials) plus an administrative fee to cover the amount of work undertaken on your behalf, subject to a minimum administrative charge of $50.
33. If at this point you have paid your fees, a refund of the difference between fees paid and the charges above will be made within 30 days.
34. If at this point you have not paid your fees a new invoice outlining these charges will be issued, payable within 30 days.
35. Refunds will not be payable after a course has been started.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY US
36. If circumstances arise that are beyond our control, it may be necessary from time to time to change/cancel course dates, content, venues and prices from those published. The Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group will not be held liable for any costs/losses incurred as a result of any such changes. If we are no longer able to provide your course, we will ask you to return any course materials to us (at our expense) in the condition as originally delivered to you and refund to you any fees paid to date when we receive the materials as required.
37. We reserve the right to remove from any course, students that fail to comply with its standard practices and procedures. We reserve the right to refuse enrolments and/or suggest alternative arrangements if we believe that it will not be in our best interests of other participants and/or the individual concerned to be enrolled on one of our courses.
38. Clients of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group must provide an accurate and complete shipping address, contact telephone number and email address. We may refuse or cancel your enroll if you do not supply these. Your details will not be used for any purpose other than the efficient and effective running of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group.
39. The majority of correspondence with and from the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group is conducted electronically using email and web-based protocols. Your details will be added automatically to our database. Your details will not be passed to any third party without your permission, unless requested by law or a similar authority.
40. Where your course fees are paid by any third party you give us consent to share information about your progress and engagement on that course with that third party.
41. The Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group does not share your information with any third parties. We take your privacy seriously.
42. The Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group may contact you from time to time with products or information in which you might be interested. If you no longer wish to receive this information please contact us.
LIABILITY AND CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS
43. No other statements in the training materials, on the website, or email correspondence may be taken to imply any contractual obligation by the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group.
44. Any liability will be limited to the payment of the enrolment fee paid.
45. Information, whether on the web or in any other form, is provided for the use of clients and others at their own discretion. No liability will be accepted for the accuracy of any information or the consequences of its use by clients or others.
46. The Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group agrees to provide its clients with some or all of the following:
46.1 Relevant course material.
46.2 Access to the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group online platform and private Facebook page.
46.3 An assessment methodology suitable for the course.
46.4 A non-transferable licence to use all relevant materials and web based services.
47. The Caris Group is a company registered in the State of Virginia. The administration address is PO Box 581581, Vint Hill Farms, VA 20187
48. The Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group reserves the right to terminate any enrollment if it suspects that any part of these terms and conditions have been broken.
End User Licence Agreement
WEB-BASED COMMUNICATION & CODE OF CONDUCT
1. As a client of theAdvanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group, you are solely responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of them. You are also solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and email address and all activities that are conducted through your account.
2. Clients will normally be provided with a username and password to access non-public parts of the website. You must not share your username with anyone else. IP addresses are monitored and any accounts suspected of being shared will be barred.
3. In consideration of being allowed to use the materials (including the web site) provided by the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group, you agree that you will abide by these Terms and Conditions and in general will not:
3.1 Harass any other course member or member of staff.
3.2 Use the forum for any purpose in violation of local or national laws of any country.
3.3 Post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
3.4 Post material that is abusive, defamatory, embarrassing, harassing, hateful, inflammatory, obscene or threatening to any other member or member of staff.
3.5 Post sexually explicit language or images.
3.6 Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
3.7 Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
3.8 Impersonate another delegate or member of staff.
3.9 Express or imply that the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group website or its owners endorses any statements you make, without our specific written consent.
3.10 Collect or store personal information about other clients without their personal consent.
3.11 Conduct any other activity that we consider is detrimental to the running of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group, to other clients or theAdvanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group cause.
3.12 Plagiarise the work of others or in any way try to pass yourself off as competent by means of deception.
4. Any correspondence, whether on the web site or not, written in any language other than English may be edited or deleted.
5. Any conduct that in our opinion restricts or inhibits the use of the website by any other subscriber will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you, including the posting of your address and the reporting of your activity to your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and other authorities.
6. Any material in any correspondence that we determine to be contrary to our terms and unsuitable for our forum will be edited or deleted.
7. Our decision on these matters is final.
COPYRIGHT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
8. The course materials and contents of the website are copyright either by the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group or the rightful owner as listed in the book or materials. This includes all content unless otherwise noted. The contents may not be copied and republished in any format, whole or in part. This includes (for example, but not limited to) copying text, copying pictures or video, copying images for use in brochures, websites or any other medium, copying review content (narrative, video or pictures), copying backgrounds and borders, or any other content.
9. All material is the intellectual property of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group (or the suppliers of the information where this is explicitly stated). Material is made available purely for the benefit of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group individual clients for their own personal use.
10. During your use of the website, we gather ‘industry standard’ data from you, which includes: your logged ID, your IP, your browser details etc. Our server maintains a log of your access. General data collected may be used or shared in an ‘aggregate’ manner, for example, to demonstrate how many hits we have, what states people are accessing the site from, what browsers people are using, what parts of the site are visited and so on. We never share any information specific to a particular identifiable user unless requested by law or a similar authority, or an ISP or network administrator investigating abuse of our site.
11. If clients personally make their contact details available to other clients, this is to enable networking and sharing of information between them. Under no circumstances are they to be used by clients or their associates, or made available by clients/associates to third parties, for mailing lists or other commercial purposes.
12. Information on the web is made available to clients and cannot therefore be regarded as confidential. Clients undertake that all information they provide for the web is free from copyright, confidentiality or other restrictions that would prevent its publication on our website.
13. By becoming a client you grant to the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group a perpetual license to display, reproduce or use your website postings on the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group site. You also grant to the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group a perpetual license to use your postings either in the original form or modified and on any other media for the purpose of promotion of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group.
14. You may terminate your enrollment at any time by notifying the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group. On termination, we will deactivate your password.
15. If you have a complaint about any products or services provided by the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group, please contact us via the website or telephone 800-328-2390. One of our managers will contact you within 7 working days (excepting periods of closure, national holidays).
16. The manager will investigate your complaint and aim to provide a satisfactory way forward within a further 10 working days, subject to the limits outlined in these terms and conditions.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ADVANCED LEADERSHIP ACADEMY & THE CARIS GROUP
17. The Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group accepts no responsibility for the content of our site, which is provided ‘as is’, and with no warranty express or implied. Reviews and all our other content are offered as our opinion only.
18. We understand that as a client of the Advanced Leadership Academy and The Caris Group you expect the website to be online and available at all times. However, we can make no guarantees as to the ‘up time’ of the site as this is beyond our control. For example, routing, server, Internet, hardware and software problems completely beyond our control may occur. We host with a commercial company that guarantees (to us) 99.9%+ up time in order to minimize down time but accept no responsibility if the site goes offline and it is not our fault.